URPA Leadership Academy is a program designed to identify and train talented individuals to assume leadership roles in our profession. With an emphasis on experiential “hands on” learning and networking, anyone with leadership desires is encouraged to apply.How many people can attend?
In order to keep the learning at an optimum level, the enrollment will be limited to 12 people per year.How are the candidates chosen?
Each individual will be required to fill out an application. A committee will then narrow down the applicants and set up potential interviews.What are the deadlines and timelines?
Applications are due in the URPA office by 5:00 pm January 15th. You will then be notified whether you need to come to Salt Lake for an interview in February. After the interviews the selections for that year’s class will be announced at the URPA Annual Conference.Do I have to attend each session?
YES! Attendance is mandatory at each session during the year. There will be overnight stays required and all participants are expected to be present and on time to all sessions. Hotel rooms will be paid by the Academy.What are the costs involved?
The application fee is $400. Participants are responsible for transportation to and from each location. ALL other expenses, meals and accommodations will be covered by the Academy, URPA or our local host site.What is the application process?
- Make sure you can attend EVERY session
- Request and Complete the Official Application which includes signed support from your Direct Supervisor and your Agency Director
- Have $400 funding in place. Payment will be expected within 10 working days of being accepted into the program.
- Request 1 letter of reference from a Parks and Recreation Professional of your choosing who will serve as a mentor. You will also be assigned at least one other mentor.
- Return application and letters to the URPA office by 5:00 PM January 15th
2018-2019 Leadership Application